In some instances, the SMT will give error messages but it's not always clear as to why the error has occurred. The below details some of the more common errors which occur that can be fixed by anyone
I cannot add or edit a Pickup Group
An active extension can only be in a single pickup group. Therefore, error messages will appear in the following circumstances:
- The extension you're trying to add to the group is already in another group
- The extension you're trying to add is disabled
- Another extension within the group is disabled (even if it's not the one you're specifically changing, please check all extensions)
I cannot add or edit a Hunt Group
- Hunt Groups can only contain active extensions. Please check all users are active. If any are disabled, please enable them or remove them from the Hunt Group
- The Hunt Group name is too long. There is a 30 character limitation
I cannot add or change a line monitor
- The SMT will not allow line monitors to be updated if trying to link to disabled subscribers. Please ensure that none of the line monitors link to disabled subscribers.
I cannot change anything on a subscriber
The SMT will not any subscriber level changed it the subscriber is linked to a disabled subscribers. Please ensure that none of the line monitors link to disabled subscribers.